Hello and welcome to my sketch-blog. This seemingly self-indulgent exercise is where I intend to post the doodles, sketches, and occasionally more finished pieces of artwork to, if my insecurities are correct, an apathetic if not imaginary audience.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Behind the Scenes


I thought I would allow a little peak behind the scenes here and show what I spent at least a portion of my day doing. My task was to illustrate a story by my good friend Steve Galea. The story, called "Wet Spots" is essentially about the unfortunate sweating that takes place when a fisherman spends too long in neoprene waders. ( Ah the varied life of an illustrator).

I liked the action of the onlookers in my first attempt. However, when I sent it to Steve for his thoughts, he mentioned ( as only Steve can ) that it looked like the guy was exposing himself. So a change was necessary, after all the final art is to be be published in a G rated magazine.

Back at the drawing board and rough B started to take shape. I sent it to my art director and he gave it a relieved thumbs up. I'll post the finished piece when I am able to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment