Hello and welcome to my sketch-blog. This seemingly self-indulgent exercise is where I intend to post the doodles, sketches, and occasionally more finished pieces of artwork to, if my insecurities are correct, an apathetic if not imaginary audience.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Process




Just thought I might post a little of the process I go through each month as I set to illustrate the "My Outdoors" back page humor story written by my good friend Steve Galea.

In this months entry, Steve goes on, as only he can, about picking, purchasing and keeping live bait for fishing. Moreover how the opposite sex often fails to see the romantic potential implied by a fella when he so seductively whispers to his special gal, that..... "he's got worms". ( his line, not mine)

So today I rough up a few ideas and have submitted these three concepts to my art director. I think each one has it's own charm and possibilities. While I wait for word to come down from my editors with regards to which one they wish for me to complete, perhaps a few of you might like to weigh in on which one is most interesting (if any)?

Whichever one my art director selects, I'll be sure to post the finished piece here when I am cleared to do so.

2 comments:

  1. Each does have their own charm—do you have one that's leading in the clubhouse? I find that while I come up with 2 or 3 concepts for the art director ( that I'll actually present ). There's usually one that I'm head and shoulders crazy about while the others are strong, but not the ones I'd necessariily send out to CA or the Illustrators Society... Great work! I like seeing behind the curtain of other illustrators!

    ReplyDelete